Monday, November 1, 2010

RikuDallas 2010 Review!

Well, another RikuDallas has come and gone. Road trip with the girls!!!!!!!!!!!!! We drove up friday and stayed at Dee Dee's house. She has a lovely townhome.
Shabbat dinner was held at Ravit's home. The entire Dallas group was welcoming and dinner, company, and kiddush was lovely. I really enjoyed meeting the new people that were not there last year.
If I am a bit disjointed, it is because I am so tired. While there were several breaks- instruction didn't start until noon thirty. (well 1 if you count IST (israeli standard time))- we danced until 4:30 pm then went to Caren and Bennets home (love Caren muchly!) for a schmooze, then back to Dee Dee's to freshen up, then back to the J for the dance party. Of course we came a little late thinking they wouldn't start at 7 because of IST but we were wrong, lol.
Okay- instruction part- Roberto is an awesome Markid- he is very aware of all the dancers, watching who needs a little extra instruction and keeping the atmosphere light. He reminded us to enjoy our mistakes instead of getting mad at ourselves. We all laughed a lot, lol. I enjoyed every single dance he taught! Here are the dances taught:
Hine Ani
Le'ehov Im Efshar
Yam Harachamim
Hamal'ach Hagoel Oti
Alizut (sunday)
Ze Harega (thursday and reviewed Sat night)
Kabukim Lele (favorite!)
Couple dances: Shtaim Balaila, Corazon, Sheyavo
Line dance: Yakalelo
Some were a bit out of my comfort zone- but I loved all of them.
The dance party was totally awesome- we know so many dances now- and since we were mostly the ones that wrote requests in the board, they played lots and lots of dances we know. Dee from Houston did a great job of balancing the programming of songs. Roberto is very approachable, he doesn't hold himself aloof- and who doesn't enjoy listening to a British accent? We ended at 1am but when we got back to DeeDee's, I had to take a bath to make my legs stop aching. (the floor for instruction and the dance party was very hard- linoleum in one, laminate parkay in the other.)
Sunday morning was instruction for 2 couple dances and then a review session for all the dances we had learned. I think I did pretty well.
We went back to Dee Dees and packed the car, then off to the Galleria mall for a visit to the massage chairs in Brookestones, lol. Lunch at Corner Bakery and off to Austin. The drive was going very well and we were on our expected time schedule until we hit Temple. Apparently a gas tanker spilled gasoline across the highway and traffic was shut down both directions. We didn't know why we were creeping along the highway at 1 mile per hour. It took us 2 hrs to go 2 miles. Finally I had to go to the bathroom so bad that we took the next exit where we found out the cause and then after we all visited the facilities, we took the service road to the next on ramp which was past the shutdown party so we were able to resume normal driving speed. I did miss trick-or-treating though. I was a little sad- the kids are so cute trick-or-treating!
I am glad to be home- but I had a great time and of course hanging out with my dancing friends is a blast (even if Gayle doesn't share her ice cream (you know I had to say it, lol))

No comments:

Post a Comment